Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SAVINGS!!!

images.jpg

This last weekend I hit it BIG!  My MOPS group had a guest speaker who taught us the ins and outs of couponing and how to get the most for your money.  She said that couponing combined with your budget is the best way to go.  She is able to feed her family (husband, three kids and one on the way) for $240 a month (this includes, all toiletries and diapers). So I took on the challenge and haven't turned back since.  It takes a little getting used to, and a willingness to go to different stores, but you feel so proud of yourself when you provide great meals for your family and save lots.  Although I am not down to that amount for our family, and haven't gotten free diapers yet, the game of couponing has been fun!

How much did I save you ask?  I saved $132.00 this last week on my groceries.  That was over %56 percent of my bill!!  My grocery bags were full of healthy products, canned goods, four boxes of cereal (including Koshi), 48 super rolls of toilet paper (Charman Ultra brand, cheaper than Costco) tons of produce, seafood, and even steak.  This has been so fun and a great challenge!  The best part about it... I not only got my groceries for these couple of weeks, but I have a good stockpile in my pantry.

4 comments:

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

Ummm... I wanna learn how to do that!!!

Staci said...

Rachel,
That is AWESOME! It is fun to see how much you really save. The hard part is going to so many places to shop. Sometimes, I just don't have the time to do it. Good luck and keep saving MONEY!
Staci

Carrie said...

Yeah, I go to the store every Saturday for my Sunday paper and do my shopping on Sunday or Monday. I do love seeing that the amount I saved was more than the amount I spent. Feel free to share more of your tips - sharing is saving!!!! :-)

Joanna Roddy said...

Can you leave a few of your tips? We have definitely shifted to a pay more for healthier living mentality (organic, humanely raised food only), but I realize that there are certainly ways to keep our standards and also find deals. Would love any suggestions you might have.