Monday, October 11, 2010

AFRICA...





Africa. I find that as I write that word, I am amazed that the we are here and in the midst of seperation. Jason is currently in Kenya, and the girls and myself are in Ashland, OR. Jason was approached with the possibility of Africa, a day after Adalynn was born. Seven months ago we made the decision that it would be an incredible time for Jason, and both felt the leading of the Lord to persue this. Although there is distance, we are able to text, talk, and skype...technology is amazing!!

We spent the days leading up to Jason's trip packing, cleaning, and celebrating Kyla's birthday (I will post some pictures soon). Trying to pack for a month, and keeping your luggage under 50lbs is quite a challenge. Who knew that a pair of jeans can weigh up to 5lbs.

We are learning how tired we are! This is our first break from medicine, other than a week here and there, in the last two and a half years. We have been on the medicine track now six and a half. Sometimes, I don't think we know how tired we are until we are able to stop and rest. Ashland has definately been that time for me. To rest emotionally and physically.

The girls are healthy!!! We have had so much fun, and I cannot tell you the weight that is off my shoulders. First time in six months! Thank you Lord for rest and health!! Kyla has had her time of adjustment, but everyday she gets more content with the transition.

Jason is doing well in Africa, missing his family, but seeing medicine through different eyes. Please pray for him, as he can feel isolated as a Christian and daddy.

Sorry no pictures...I don't have my own camera or computer here in Ashland.

No comments: