Saturday, September 19, 2009

House Projects


Coming into the fall, there were two things that HAD to get done. Well, I should say one of them HAD to be done for the sake of the foundation of our house, and the ohter...was for my own sanity.

The first project was creating a french drain in the front yard, right off the front door. Every time it rained of any significance last year (which happens to be 300 days of the year when you live in the Pacific NW), we would get a large swamp area that wouldn't quite drain right. So, we took on the project to fix it. Here are some before and after pictures.




The second project was redoing the dining room chairs. The table was in great shape, thanks to Jason refinishing it when we first got it. However, the chairs are very very old and need a simple touch. Having ugly chairs that are mismatch don't help my efforts of being content with what I have. So, when Jason was a work one day, I marched down to Home Depot got supplies and redid the chairs. All four chairs cost me only $20. Pretty budget friendly and a great new look. Sorry no pictures of the table and chairs together.





1 comment:

BriT said...

WOWZERS!! Nice work sis!! I'm definitely gonna need your help with some projects one day...you're so crafty!!