Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What Kyla Says

A little background before you read ahead...

Kyla loves dogs.  Every time she sees a dog she pats her leg and says doggie.  Sometimes she will add the "woof, woof".  Kyla doesn't get any animals mixed up with dogs anymore.  I would say that a dog would be her favorite animal.

Setting: Hardware Store

Interaction:
I noticed a man walking a Chiwawa.  The Chiwawa was dressed in clothes and was shaved pretty short.  As the dog got closer I leaned down to Kyla and said "look" as I pointed towards the dog. Kyla paused for a brief moment and said, "meow". 

I just about died laughing to myself in the store.  Luckily it wasn't loud enough for the dog's owner to hear.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is so funny! Kyla is darling. I love it when kids say stuff like that! Here is a funny story about my nephew and a dalmation/great dane:

http://howefamilyblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/harrison-isms-at-17-months.html

Scroll down until you see a photo of the dog.

Mike and Becka said...

Ha! That's great. Smart girl - that was NOT a dog she was seeing! :)