Sunday, January 4, 2009

All about Hair


Kyla has been blessed with a full head of hair.  Her hair grows fast and has cute little curls in the back.  We had a couple of milestones this last month...yep both involving her hair.  I have to admit, that both times I stood and looked at her and couldn't believe I was looking at a little girl.  Not a baby anymore.  It is amazing that as you change her hair, she grows up.

The first milestone was moving from pig-tales to pony-tales.  Not just having half of her hair pulled up, but all of her hair pulled up.  It took a bit of enticing with cookies, but Kyla was patient and we got a very special hair for Christmas day.




The second milestone was Kyla's FIRST HAIR CUT.  While down in Ashland we had a good family friend who is amazing with kids (and I trusted she wouldn't give Kyla some weird cut with wild bangs).  Kyla's hair was a little crazy and with her first wedding appearance coming at the end of this month, we decided to give it some shape (or at least attempt).  We didn't need to take off much.  

Kyla before the haircut (yes, we used Emmy's teddy graham cookies to help us)


Snip, Snip, Snip we have some bangs


A little off the back, save those curls


All Done!

4 comments:

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

Rachel! She is too cute! I remember thinking those same things about Lydia - my little girl is growing up! Now Lydia is totally a little girl growing into a big girl kid. Micah is growing fast too. Let's try hard to get together. We're pretty flexible and work around Jason's rounds if possible!

Carrie said...

I can't believe she is big enough for a first hair cut! Time is flying by. She looks beautiful!

Mike and Becka said...

CUTE! What a big girl! Love the ponytales!

ALLISON said...

Awww...I love the pics of our momentous day. Thanks for blessing me with the honor of the first snips. I'm ready for round 2 when Kyla gets scraggly again.